General Desktop Security Guidelines
The following general guidelines are relevant for all users, no matter what operating system is being used:
- Maintain up to date and properly configured anti-virus software. Be sure that real-time protection scans all files.
- Don’t open any e-mail attachments unless you know the sender AND know that it was intentionally sent to you.
- Use complex passwords. Never write down your passwords or share them with anyone else.
- If you share any files from your machine , be certain that access is protected with a complex password.
- Keep back up copies of any important documents.
- Periodically check web site of the OS vendor (e.g. Microsoft or Apple) for critical security updates that may need to be applied.
Business related Security tips for Desktop or Laptops.